The Brittany Club of Great Britain holds a puppy register for club members. The charge for this is £10.00 per litter and both parents must have been hip scored under the K.C./B.V.A. hip scoring scheme. The puppy co-ordinator is Jan Taylor The requirements for entry onto the Puppy List and the Puppy Register Declaration are given below:
THE BRITTANY CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY ONTO THE PUPPY LIST
1. Breeders must be members of the Brittany Club of Great Britain for at least one year.
2. The Breeder will ensure that both the Sire and Dam of the litter are fully registered at the Kennel Club.
3. The Breeder will ensure that every effort is made to place the puppies into suitable homes and will not sell to dealers or pet shops and will not sell puppies under the age of eight weeks.
4. The Breeder will register the litter at the Kennel Club and with the Club Secretary.
5. The Breeder will ensure that both the Sire and Dam of the litter have had their hips X-rayed and scored under the KC BVA scheme.
6. The Breeder will ensure that every puppy buyer is provided with a signed Pedigree, KC registration certificate, and a diet and care sheet.
7. The Breeder will ensure that the litter has been properly wormed at least twice prior to eight weeks of age.
8. The Breeder will be encouraged to take responsibility for any Brittany bred by him/her which is in need of rehoming.
9. The Breeder will pay a sum in payment of entry onto the Puppy List as determined by the Committee (at present £10).
10. The Club will not bear any responsibility for any defect subsequently found in any puppy sold as a result of being on the Puppy List, and cannot be held responsible for any debt incurred by any Breeder for any reason whatsoever.
11. No puppies will be accepted onto the Club Register by the Secretary until the under-noted Declaration has been fully completed, signed and dated, and returned to the Secretary.
12. These requirements are to be deemed to be part of the Rules of the Brittany Club of Great Britain, and any contravention of said requirements after registration of a litter will be regarded as liable to be dealt with under Rule 9 (Expulsion of Members).