|THE BRITTANY CLUB OF GREAT BRITAIN
22ND BREED CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW
8TH JULY 2018
Very impressive 2 day show organised by the club with working test on one day and show exhibits on the second. All dogs were immaculately presented after a day’s work. Lovely to see so many young handlers exhibiting their own or other peoples’ dogs. I had 2 very good stewards lovely to see Chris Anderson stewarding for me from the Papillon show world.
DOG/BITCH 4 ENTRIES
1) ANDERSONS’ ROCHUS NUGGET what a little gem this beautiful squarely built, cobby bitch puppy is. Just looked a picture on the stance, if she moved as well could see nothing to beat her, sure enough she is as sound as a pound with true Brittany action. Super outline on this 8 months old maybe just a little smaller but with good growth should make something special. Loved her head and expression, neat triangular ears with good set, carriage and use. Good clean, medium neck to shoulders firm slightly sloping backline to a lovely rump and so well bodied and ribbed. Lovely boned straight balanced legs and tight feet. Presented in clean, conditioned flat O/W dense coat. To top it she is docked. Best Minor Puppy Best Puppy Bitch Best Puppy in Show.
2) HARES’ ROCHUS NORMAN This boy was so close up to my winner and I know now why he is her litter brother. Lovely masculine head, super eye colour and lovely set and used ears giving that typical expression, head held on good neck with well angled front with a good depth. Well-built and balanced with a compact body with rounded ribs presented in a lovely conditioned coat with a good fine texture. Good rump and docked, well developed hindquarters, not as free as his sister but slightly sounder than his brother, very well handled to get the best from him. Best Dog Puppy Res BPiS.
3) PURAWALS’ ROCHUS NICO
PUPPY DOG 1 ENTRY
1) ANDERSONS’ ROCHUS NOBLE Very attractive compact and cobby youngster, another 8 months old litter brother. Lovely head correctly balanced with dark expressive eyes, well set and used ears, correct length of neck into well laid shoulders and firm slightly sloping back line to good rounded rump, moderate quarters. Lovely angled fore, chest has enough depth, well ribbed compact body, covered in excellent conditioned Tri coat. Excellent straight boned legs and round compact feet. Did not really have time to settle but once into a stride was very sound.
JUNIOR DOG 4
1) POOLES’ SANBOSIER NAOS AT LAURREMAR Lovely breed type nicely built with a good square shape with the best front and rear angles. Was at first a little timid but on being handled had a gentle and a nice temperament and was easy to handle. Good shape to his masculine head, moderate stop, well set and used ears, soft expressive eyes. Head held well on good neck to shoulder and firm back and rump. Well bodied with nicely rounded ribs, good depth of chest and brisket, clean well presented fine O/W coat of good texture. Straight well boned and balanced legs and tight feet. Very stylish brisk action and sound.
2) MOONEYS’ CHALLOWMOON NOAH smart dog of good size, shape and well-constructed just preferred the slightly better angles of my winner. Well put together head, nice stop, good dark expressive eyes, well set ears could be better used to complete his expression. Medium length to neck set into shoulders with a firm top line sloping slightly to a good rump. Body of substance and well ribbed back, good depth of chest and brisket covered with a lovely conditioned and presented flat coat. Moved out on straight well boned legs, holds elbows well. Good brisk action and sound.
3) HAYES & WILSONS’ SANBOSIER NEVIS
NOVICE DOG 1 ENTRY
1) Sanbosier Nevis nice breed type slightly taller and not quite as compact as his brother but very well put together with lovely angulation front and rear. Nice masculine head, stop a little deep, well set and used triangular ears, alert dark eyes, firm slight slope to backline and a good rump. Well bodied and ribbed with a very well presented flat dense O/W coat. Would like more depth of chest, nice brisket and elbows well in on straight well boned legs with tight feet. Very sound brisk action once he settled, his handler needs to just work a little harder on getting Nevis stood and moved out under his control.
POST GRADUATE DOG 3
1) SAMARDZIJAS’ PATOUCHE LAMBERT Very smart young male slightly taller than I like but he is very well built with good construction having lots to like about. Slightly rounded skull, well set and used ears, nice stop and balanced foreface, alert dark eyes. A muscled medium neck, good shoulders correctly angulated front with depth to chest and brisket. Elbows in on straight well boned legs and round compact feet. Well ribbed back body could be a little shorter in loin. So well presented in a short flat nicely conditioned B/W coat. Muscular broad quarters moderate stifle with short hocks, very sound brisk mover covers the ground well.
2) FINCHS’ JASSENDUE MANET’S MEDLEY AM CETGUELI presents a nice outline on the stance and is slightly smaller than my winner but needing more weight to fill his frame. Masculine head good width of skull, nice stop, would like a better ear set, expressive eyes, slightly longer in foreface. Correctly angulated front, with good depth to chest. Well presented smooth O/W coat over a body needing more substance and depth to brisket with elbows slightly out on straight legs of correct balance. Moderate rear enough stifle angle, moved out well slightly close behind and wide at front.
3) WILSONS’ DENANDMEG MILL REEF
LIMIT DOG 1 ENTRY
1) FROSTS’ handling for RUSHS’ PATOUCHE MILORD Lovely breed type to this balanced and well put together young 2 year old. Very smart outline with his beautifully presented dense flat coat in a rich gloss Tri colour. Super head shape, well carried triangular ears, great expression from well-shaped eyes, eye could be a little darker. Excellent clean neck to shoulder and firm backline sloping to a rounded croup. Good depth to chest and brisket with elbows will in on straight well boned legs and round and compact feet. Correct muscular quarters moderate turned stifle and short hocks. Impressive sound mover with a true brisk action.
OPEN DOG 8 ENTRIES
1) YARROWS’ SH.CH. BONAPARTIST GRENADIER this dog certainly takes the attention on the stance and comes alive on the move. Stunning on the stance with that real squarely built outline of such a lovely size and shape. Loved his head shape, true use of ears giving that expression to his kind dark eyes, correct strength of foreface. Lovely moderate clean neck to well laid shoulders, firm backline with a slight slope into his rounded croup and set docked tail. Has a body so well ribbed back with short loin, nice substance with depth to chest and brisket. To be critical I felt today he could be carrying a fraction too much weight. A beautifully presented dense flat O/W coat with a rich colour and bloom with enough feathering. Broad thighs and quarters, moderate return to stifle and strong hocks, very stylish brisk mover with true sound action works well with his handler. DCC BOS
2) WILLIAMS’ BONAPARTIST LIEUTENANT another stunning dog much younger at 2.5 years old but out of the same mould as the winner. So well developed and put together, who impressed again both on the stance and move with a lot of attitude and with that look at me look. Masculine head slightly stronger in skull well set and used ears, nice stop very kind dark eyes with that so wanted expression, correct tapering of muzzle. Neck of good length into well laid-back shoulders into a firm level backline sloping slightly to a rounded croup. Squarely built with rounded ribs well back with short loin, has a lovely body strength, depth and substance with correct angulation front and rear, straight well boned legs and tight round feet. Beautifully presented smooth dense O/W coat with nice feathering. Today his movement let him down or he might have been one place further forward. Lovely brisk side stride, good forward action and sound, but his hind action was a little close at foot and hocking out slightly. His overall style will surely give him his crown. RCC
3) BARLOW-EVANS’ ROCHUS HUXLEY
ORANGE/WHITE DOG 2 ENTRIES
1) HARGREAVES’ BONAPARTIST LANCELOT another very impressive male slightly smaller in stature at 2.5 years old and out of the same cobby mould as my open class winners, and the brother to the second. So similar in type with a correct outline and overall balance and build with lovely depth and substance and presented in a clean well-marked lovely textured O/W coat with limited feathering. Very impressive masculine head, good slightly rounded skull, super ear set and use, kind dark eyes, correct length and taper to foreface. Proud head carriage on strong clean neck of good length, well laid back shoulders and firm sloping back and nice rump and set of tail. Straight, well boned legs and compact feet, handled well to get the best from him a sound impressive mover with true Brittany action.
2) STONES’ JAYRICNBRITS HOBO AVEC GLENFESHIE
Although not placed in the Open class I really liked the overall type to this 6 years old but today on the stance he kept dropping his topline. Impressive masculine head, slightly rounded skull, would prefer better ear set and use, needs time then the expression comes from his kind dark eyes. Cobby body with depth to chest and substance to his body with ribs well sprung back into shortish loin. Super clean nicely conditioned O/W coat. Correctly angulated front and rear with nicely boned legs and tight arched feet, strong rear, once he settled into a stride moved out well with soundness, loved the attention he showed his handler, an obvious love.
SPECIAL OPEN ANY
OTHER COLOUR EXCEPT ORANGE/WHITE DOG
1) TAYLORS’ SH.CH. CURACAO TANK CALZAGHE AT
SULTAIR an impressive well presented and coated B/W/T at 11.5 years old this veteran must have been a “knock out” in his youth. Presents a lovely outline and still retains that cobby build. Excellent head and carriage, ears well set could be used to more advantage, eyes still retaining a dark colour, good dentition and muzzle. Shortish neck well laid-back shoulders and firm short back to well-shaped rump and docked. Angulated front with depth to chest, elbows in on straight legs with enough bone little down on his pasterns, feet ok. Good substance with depth to brisket. Well developed quarters with enough return to stifle and short hocks. Once he settled into the job was sound both ends with a good brisk side stride.
VETERAN DOG 0
SPECIAL WORKING DOG
1) ANDRSONS’ ROCHUS MARVIN just over 2 years old this is a smaller built boy and in my opinion was lacking the body substance needed for a working dog. Nice head shape well worked, correct ear carriage and use, dark well-shaped expressive eyes. Good neck to shoulders into a firm sloping level short back, body with enough front angle and correct rear quarters with angulation to stifle and hocks. Body well ribbed back and very well muscled all through. Well presented coat with some feathering. Straight fore legs could be stronger in bone, compact feet. Stylish sound free brisk move with reach and drive.
FIELD TRIAL DOG 0
PUPPY BITCH 3
ENTRIES 1 WITHDRAWN
1) SOUTHORNS’ ROCHUS NELKE very well grown and stylish 8 months puppy who I see is the full litter sister to the minor puppy bitch winner and certainly out of the same mould. Lovely baby with a pretty head just needing to develop and finish as she grows, well set and used ears, dark well shaped eyes, tapering short fore face. Clean neck of moderate length well laid- back shoulders, forequarters could be more angled but hopefully will develop with age. Good depth of chest, brisket and body with ribs well-rounded and back into short loin. Excellent rump and rear with moderate return of stifle, straight legs with enough bone with tight feet. Beautiful gloss to her well conditioned and present fine textured B/W/T coat. Happy positive brisk mover.
2) BALLS’ NOELLE OF PEACLOUD very pretty baby just 6 months a lacking the maturity of that of 1. 2months makes a difference. Sweet head correctly developed skull, well set and used ears, dark alert sparkling eyes, correct head balance with good foreface. Muscular neck of good length has at this moment better shoulder angulation and better quarters than my winner. Body had enough substance and depth again just needs time and maturity. Super coat presentation to her O/W jacket. Nice straight well boned legs and compact feet very unsettled on the move but her new owner/handler should have a lot of fun with this baby hope they keep up the training and showing.
JUNIOR BITCH 4 ENTRIES
1) COVENEYS’ CHALLOWMOON NAYA just over the year and is very well put together she was slightly taller than longer but still retained that cobby build. Very pretty head shape, neat well set ears, dark expressive eyes. Good neck length muscle tone coming, well laid back shoulders, correctly angulated to upper arm and straight well boned legs and compact feet. Slightly sloping firm backline into a well moulded rump. Good body substance and depth with rounded ribs back into short loin. Beautifully conditioned and finish to her B/W coat. Straight well boned fore legs tight compact feet, moderate return of stifle. Free sound mover with good front action and rear brisk drive.
2) MCEVOYS’ HAWKWISE NICE N EASY smart outline to this 13 months old very attractive head nicely rounded skull, enough stop, well set and used ears, lovely expressive dark eyes, good balance to her foreface. Good head carriage on nice neck length, good shoulder well laid back, firm backline and well rounded rump. Not the angles or depth to chest of my winner but having a slightly better chest depth than my 3rd. Deep brisket with elbows held in on straight well balanced and boned legs and compact feet. Body covered with a short fine well presented O/W coat, well rounded ribs and short loin, muscular hindquarters with moderate return of stifle. tight feet, moved with a brisk action.
3) DENANDMEG NEW SILHOUETTE
NOVICE BITCH 3
1) GUDGINS’ NEUVELLE NARISKA AT JASSENDUE Impressive on the stance to see this well schooled youngster so responsive to her handler. She is slightly taller and lacks a little in squareness, I would like her a little more compact. Sweet feminine head, slightly rounded skull, nice stop, shorter tapering foreface. Well set and used triangular ears, alert dark eyes. Has a very well angled front and rear with a body having depth and substance, well rounded ribs. Presentation was good with a dense flat B/W coat. Elbows well in on her straight well boned legs with tight round feet. Muscular quarters moderate return to stifle, an attractive sound brisk mover who covers the ground well.
2) DAVIES’ TARWARD LANA I was surprised that this 3 years old was a little timid at being handled, but with care she allowed herself to be gone over and her owner tried very hard to show her to advantage. Very sweet head of correct balance and shape, expressive eyes, well used triangle shaped ears. Good neck to shoulder, correctly angulated front and rear, firm topline to moulded croup and set to tail. Lovely body with rounded ribs could be further back as is a little longer in loin. Very well presented and conditioned O/W jacket with some feathering. Well muscled broad thighs and moderate return of stifle very unsettled on the move but once handler had her under control moved out well.
3) Hawk wise Nice n Easy
POST GRADUATE 3
1) CUTLERS’ TARWARD LAURA AT JAYRICNBRITS litter sister to my second in Novice and I can now see the similarity but this bitch is more under control and shown to advantage, very stylish on the stance with a lovely square feminine outline. Pretty correctly shaped head with nicely tapered muzzle, good stop, dark expressive oval eyes, triangular shaped ears so well set and used. Holds head proudly on moderate clean neck, good shoulders, firm slight slope to her back and croup, and again to her set on docked tail. Lovely compact body with depth and substance well rounded ribs and short loin. Beautiful rich O/W fine textured coat. Muscular broad thighs, moderate stifle and hocks, well boned legs and tight round feet. Free brisk sound mover.
2) BARLOW-EVANS’ ROCHUS LUNA I really liked this well coated B/W roan with good dense texture. Presents a lovely outline on the stance and is so well handled to get the best from her. Slightly taller than my winner but is squarely built and well put together. Pretty well constructed head, dark eyes, a better ear use and carriage could be an advantage. Proud head carriage on moderate neck to well laid sloping shoulders and back line and croup. Well rounded ribs with short loin. Deep chest and brisket, straight balanced legs feet little flat and could be tighter.
3) BOAZ’ JASSENDUE LIANA
LIMIT BITCH 5
ENTRIES 2 ABS
1) COVENEYS’ TILLYBIRLOCH MISTIQUE very attractive and so well built, correctly balanced and cobby. This pretty nicely presented O/W with a flat fine textured coat with feathering. Lovely breed type head so well constructed, lovely kind dark eyes, good stop and well used ears. Proud head carriage on medium neck, clean and set well into shoulders, and her firm sloping backline to a muscular rump, nice fall to croup onto her tall. Lovely weight and body substance with depth to chest and brisket and her elbows held well in on straight well balanced and boned legs and tight round feet. Well angulated front and rear which showed in her positive brisk sound action
2) TAYLORS’ PATOUCHE JAIS another who presents a lovely outline on the stance and looks very smart so well presented in her clean, densely textured and conditioned B/W coat with enough feathering. Having a correct shape and balanced feminine head with correct triangular ear set and carriage giving to a lovely expression to her oval dark eyes, muscular medium clean neck to shoulders well angulated, straight firm backline and well moulded croup and correct tail set. Lovely body, well rounded ribs well back with short loin. Straight well boned forelegs and tight round feet. Strong thighs well developed was surprised to see untidy rear movement hocking out badly. Correct side and front action.
3) ANDERTONS’ ROCHUS HI PIPPA
OPEN BITCH 5
ENTRIES 1 ABS
1) TULLYS’ SH.CH. HIGHCLARE FLAMING NORA what a star this 8 year old bitch is, unless told you would never guess her age as she shows no signs of aging and her condition and movement are spot on. Stunningly feminine, her head is correctly balanced, lovely ear shape carriage and use, nice stop between oval dark expressive eyes, correct clean dentition. Proud stance and head carriage, very attentive to her handler who she works at one with this presents such a lovely outline of cobbiness with correct balance. A body so well muscled, in super condition with just the correct amount of weight and presented in a clean well condition and presented dense flat O/W coat. Ribs rounded and well back into a short loin. Well angulated at front with depth to chest and brisket, front legs well boned and balanced to round compact feet. Powerful rear quarters with rounded croup and correct tail set with moderated stifle and short hocks. Side stride showing a free brisk action, front and rear showing totally sound action. BCC and BIS today I could not deny her this placing over the truly lovely male.
2) SOUTHORNS’ ROCHUS JULIET looked very impressive on the stance and was equally nice to go over on being handled. Very sweet head well worked and balanced, nice stop, dark eyes. Medium length to her neck, clean throat, well laid shoulders nicely angulated to her deep chest and brisket. Firm backline sloping slightly to her rounded croup, lovely broad thighs, well set tail, moderate return of stifle and neat hocks. Very well presented dense O/W flat coat over a ribbed back body with substance. Very sound mover with nice brisk action just running a little too close behind.
3) WILSONS’ SH.CH. HIGHCLARE HELLRAISER AT DENANDMEG
ORANGE/WHITE BITCH 6 ENTRIES
1) YARROW & NUNNS’ SH.CH. BONAPARTIST IRYSSA very feminine squarely built and cobby presented a lovely outline on the stance. Beautiful head shape, nice slightly rounded skull, well placed and used ears, super kind dark eyes, nice stop, tapered muzzle. Moderate length to a muscular neck set into sloping shoulders and backline and croup with slight fall to tail set. Good body depth with rounded ribs well back into a short loin. She is presented well in a clean nicely presented and conditioned dense flat O/W coat with feathering that finished the picture. Correctly angulated front and rear with nicely balanced and boned straight legs with tight round feet. Broad muscular quarters, stifles moderately turned with short hocks. Stylish very sound brisk mover lovely action coming and going with control. RCC
2) ANDERSONS’ ROCHUS JEMIMA Very pretty bitch of a nice size and length a true balanced build. Excellent head shape, very pretty with nice ears, dark eyes and stop. Correct medium length to neck, sloping shoulders into firm backline and croup, with nice tail set on correctly. Super body with ribs well back with a short loin, broad thighs. Very attractive flat lightly patch marked O/W coat, just a little out of coat today. Nicely angled front and rear, well boned and balanced straight legs and tight feet. Nice strong rear end moved well just insisted pulling out which spoilt her action.
3) Jassendue Liana
SPECIAL OPEN ANY
OTHER COLOUR EXCEPT ORANGE/WHITE BITCH 1 ENTRY
1) AXTELLS’ PATOUCHE LYRA FOR CALLMILLARD. Lovely to see this well marked and coated L/W and tan, I remember the beautiful L/W male that Dolly Leach had years ago so nice to see this colour being shown. Nicely balanced outline to this smart breed type cobby built 3 year- old. Correct head shape, kind look to her dark oval eyes, well used ears, nice stop and tapered muzzle. Firm backline just too much fall away to her croup with tail little too low set on. Very well bodied would like little more depth to her chest and brisket, rounded ribs well back into short loin. Has enough angles front and rear would like more bone to straight balanced fore legs and feet could be tighter. Little unsettled on the move but had a good sound action once into a stride.
VETERAN BITCH 3
ENTRIES 1 ABS
1) GUDGINS’ SH.CH. COXELLOT CHICITA AT JASSENDUE
very pleased to have this 11.5 year- old squarely built girl to go over. Her head still retains the shape and balance just loosing some colour, triangular shape to ears well set on and carried correctly, her oval eyes are dark but little cloudy. Well angled front with good depth to chest, moderate neck length still retains firm topline with slight slope to croup and docked tail well set on. Well presented O/W roan with feathering over a well ribbed back body with depth and substance. Well boned legs and compact feet still could show the youngsters how to move, covered the ground well with a nice brisk action, fraction close behind at foot, but sound a front. Best Veteran B Best Veteran in Show.
2) AXTELLS’ PATOUCHE EVONNY WITH CALLMILLARD slightly taller than my winner but squarely balanced and had a lovely outline. Very attractive bitch presented in a dense B/W/Tan coat, flat with a nice texture with nice feathering, at 8.5 years old she is still retaining her dark colour. Very attractive head, slightly rounded skull. Well set and used ears with moderate stop, dark kind eyes, tapering muzzle. Excellent angled front with enough depth to chest, good deep brisket and a body with well rounded ribs back into a short loin, croup was little too steep with low tail set. Strong hindquarters moved little wide behind and close at front with a short side stride.
WORKING BITCH 3 ENTRIES
1) DAVIES’ ROCHUS LOTTIE Lovely outline slightly taller than my second placed just preferred her size, overall balance and her outline, she has very good front and rear angulation. Very feminine head, correct shape and built with correct ear set, and dark kind eyes. Lovely head carriage on good moderate neck length into a firm backline with slightly sloping croup and nice tail set. Well bodied and ribbed, presented in very attractive O/W dense coat with feathering. Straight well boned legs and round compact feet, moved with brisk action but running very close behind.
2) Jassendue Liana I really liked this slightly smaller breed type bitch in a previous class and felt for type on her stance she was my class winner, but she is undocked and this tail gives her a strange rear action, and the tail does in fact spoil he croup and her outline on the move. Very attractive feminine head, with a pretty expression from dark eyes and well used ears. Clean neck and well set and laid shoulders, sloping top line to rump. Nicely ribbed body with substance and depth. Beautifully presented and attractive O/W flat coat with feathering. Well boned forelegs, nice angulated rear quarters, tight round feet. As stated rear action was spoilt but tail and tail carriage, this tail should not spoil her movement and outline but it does.
3) Tarward Lana
FIELD TIAL BITCH 0 ENTRIES
SHOW: SH.CH HIGHCLARE FLAMMING NORA (Bitch)
BEST IN SHOW : SH.CH BONAPARTIST GRENADIER (Dog)
BEST PUPPY IN SHOW: ROCHUS NUGGET (Bitch)
RESERVE BEST PUPPY IN SHOW: ROCHUS NORMAN (Dog)
BEST VETERAN IN SHOW: SH.CH COXELLOT CHICITA
AT JASSENDUE (Bitch)
JUDGE JENNY MILLER